Bringing Yoga Therapy into Hospitals and Academia is a new program offered by Dr. Mala Cunningham and hosted by Yogaville Online and the Integral Yoga Therapy Certification Program. The program will be conducted online from February 11 – 15, 2021
If you are a Yoga teacher or Yoga therapist seeking to bring Yoga into an academic or hospital environment, join Dr. Mala Cunningham to learn planning strategies, marketing tactics, negotiation techniques, interviewing skills, and important formulas to successfully implement your ideas into a hospital environment or academic setting. Develop the confidence and skills to successfully “approach, enter, and succeed.”
In this online program, you will learn how to:
- Format a comprehensive Yoga Therapy Business Plan
- Develop networking opportunities
- Write an effective and professional proposal
- Hone your interviewing skills and sell your idea
- Negotiate a salary
- Increase referrals from medical providers
Anyone interested in teaching Medical or Therapeutic Yoga in an academic or hospital setting is welcome to attend.
This online workshop consists of two parts:
- Part One is a self-paced, 23-hour online study course that has a separate tuition fee of $196 and can be accessed here
- Part Two consists of this live online program taught via Zoom
Live sessions with Dr. Cunningham on Thursday and Friday at 6–8 pm, and on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday at 11 am–1 pm and 4–6 pm ET.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends, until April 12.
In addition, you will have access to Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville’s live Yoga classes at 5 pm ET and access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Completion of Part One is needed before taking this Part Two live program. Part One has a separate tuition fee of $196. You can access the self-paced course here.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 40 total training hours = 16 hours live + 1 hour of homework + 23 hours self-paced online course
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 40 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
The presenter is an Approved Professional Development (APD*) Provider through IAYT. Those taking this program for APD hours/credits will need to complete Part One to receive a 40-hour certificate of completion for this course. If you need additional information on the self-paced part of the training please contact Dr. Mala Cunningham at [email protected].
REGISTER NOW HERE via Yogaville Online.