1. Yoga Nidra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati remains today the classic book on the subject. Written by this disciple of Sri Swami Sivananda and brother monk of Sri Swami Satchidananda, the text explains the theory of Yoga Nidra in both yogic and scientific terms and includes class transcriptions of the practice. It also presents the various applications of this versatile technique which has been used for deep relaxation in stress management and therapy, to enhance the learning process in education, to harmonize the deeper unconscious and awaken inner potential and as a meditative technique. A research section is also included.
2. Guided Relaxation and Affirmations for Inner Peace CD by Swami Satchidananda
Integral Yoga’s classic Yoga Nidra led by its creator, Swami Satchidananda. This program also includes affirmations that are especially potent when listened to in a state of deep relaxation. Available on CD and also for digital download.
3. Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation & Stress Relief by Julie Lusk, M.Ed., E-RYT
Packed with meditations, relaxation skills, and visualization techniques, the ancient practices in this book will help you relax, reflect, and revitalize for unshakable peace and joy
4. Yoga Nidra Meditation by Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati
In addition to being one of the most popular Yoga Nidra CDs available, Swami Jnaneshvara’s webpage on Yoga Nidra is one of the most comprehensive places to go for information on Yoga Nidra on the Internet.
5. Yoga Nidra (Book + CD) by Richard Miller
Through accessible language appropriate for any level of practice, Richard Miller takes us step-by-step through the traditional techniques of relaxation and meditation to help us move toward the realization of “unqualified presence” — the ultimate aim of Yoga.