It’s about Yoga, your spiritual practice, study and inspiration!
- IYM was founded in December of 1969 by Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda, spiritual head of Integral Yoga ® International. IYM is a nonprofit quarterly journal supported by our subscribers and donors and without advertising cluttering its pages.
- IYM is dedicated to serving those who wish to deepen their understanding and practice of Integral Yoga and the classical teachings of Yoga based on Patanjali’s Ashtanga or Eight-limbed Yoga.
- IYM includes articles by Sri Gurudev, Sri Swami Sivananda, articles by Integral Yoga teachers; articles on Yoga therapy, Yoga and psychology, interviews with Yoga teachers and therapists who are making important contributions in various fields utilizing Yoga and interviews with other innovators who share the goals of Integral Yoga.
Additionally, Integral Yoga Magazine is devoted to furthering the spirit of interfaith understanding, a central tenet of Sri Gurudev’s teachings and service. It accomplishes this goal through articles that further our understanding of the complementarity between Yoga and other wisdom traditions.
- Integral Yoga and their understanding of the many faith and wisdom traditions.
- It’s a wealth of Sri Swami Satchidananda’s (Sri Gurudev) teachings on Integral Yoga
- Every issue of Integral Yoga Magazine features outstanding articles that reflect the breadth and depth of the Integral Yoga tradition, and always hit the central point—deepening your practice, on and off the mat.
- It’s exploring the philosophy and practices of Yoga from various perspectives and traditions.
- No matter what faith we come from, we’re all seekers—with a common heritage and a growing sense of community.
- Through the Integral Yoga Magazine, we’ll get to understand other faith traditions better and share what we’ve learned on our journey.