Sandra Susheela Gilbert, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT is offering a “Healing Relationships” Training for Yoga teachers from Nov. 30 – Dec. 17, 2022 via the Integral Yoga Institute of San Francisco. Healing Relationships specializes in recognizing the difference between intellectual knowledge and a deeper intuitive experiential understanding. This training is devoted to focusing on the primary importance of the healing relationship and human connection between therapist and client. Through lecture, practice and discussion, students will delve into the essential teaching of Yoga to acknowledge the individual client’s mind-body-spirit consciousness, while increasing awareness of one’s own deeper intuitive wisdom. This module will help develop, inform, and refine intuitive skills to support healing on a deeper level.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Define Healing vs. Curing
- Identify the components of Therapeutic Relationship including ethical standards in the Yoga therapist/client relationship
- Understand the foundations of Yoga teachings as a basis for creating the environment for healing
- Demonstrating the use of the Yoga foundations in teaching
- Be able to discuss healing at the end of life and during unique client challenges
- Explore the students own experiences, challenges and self care practices in personal healing as they prepare as Yoga therapists
- Understand the role of the Yoga therapist and scope of practice in professional relationships
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and one year of personal practice.
More info and registration here.