There are dozens of books available on teaching Yoga and meditation to children of various ages. There are also inspiring children’s books that convey the message of Yoga. We’ve selected some of the ones we’ve carried for years at Integral Yoga Distribution that have been the most popular.
1. Hatha Yoga for Kids by Kids – by the Children of Yogaville
This is pure Hatha Yoga by young people who take it seriously. The clear photographs will inspire children to try these asanas themselves. The text is simple and direct
2. Meditating with Children: the Art of Concentration and Centering: A Workbook on New Educational Methods Using Meditation – by Deborah Rozman, Ph.D.
3. Imagine That – A Child’s Guide to Yoga by Kenneth K. Cohen & Illustrations by Joan Hyme
The magical poems and illustrations in this book of Yoga postures will capture the imagination of children as well as introduce them to hatha poses, relaxation, pranayama and meditation. A section of guidelines for parents will help you and your child explore Hatha Yoga through the beautiful natural imagery in this wonderful book.
4. Enlightening Tales: As Told By Sri Swami Satchidananda
Filled with wisdom, adventure and surprises, these timeless tales are at once entertaining and instructive.
5. Sparkling Together – by Jyoti Ma & illustrations by Chandra Devi
Sparkling Together contains eight colorfully illustrated stories each encompassing one of the challenges common to childhood experience. This interplanetary fantasy is geared toward children ages 5-9.
6. Fly Like A Butterfly – by Shakta Kaur Khalsa
features: over 160 photos of children enjoying Yoga in duo-tone black and white and Yoga stories in which the Yoga postures are done as the story unfolds
7. Little Yoga – by Rebecca Whitford and Martina Selway
A Toddler’s First Book of Yoga
8. Itsy Bitsy Yoga – by Helen Garabedian
If you’ve been searching for an excellent way to bond with your baby and improve his or her health, Itsy Bitsy Yoga is the solution you’ve been looking for.
9. Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Toddlers & Preschoolers by Helen Garabedian