Integral Yoga Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Part 1 with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT will be held at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville from April 2 – 7, 2023. This training is for Yoga teachers and health professionals. Restorative Yoga is a simple, effective antidote to relieve stress, tension, and anxiety. Learn to teach this practice of placing the body into specific Yoga asana (postures) using the support of props such as bolsters, pillows, blocks, blankets, or chairs.
These gentle asanas literally hold and maintain the position of the body as one releases mental and physical tension. In this supported state, the asana can be held for a significantly longer period of time, which facilitates a state of deeper relaxation. This extended duration allows the innate intelligence of the body to reintegrate the system to its natural state of balance and peace as the tension dissolves and melts away.
The Restorative Yoga poses may be offered as an alternative to regular asanas, when one is low in energy, during times of mental or physical stress, as well as during a time of physical illness, healing, or crisis. The supported poses enable one to receive the benefit of the asana without exerting muscular effort.
In Part 1, you will learn how to:
- Teach a complete, balanced, 90-minute Restorative Yoga class
- Adapt the basic poses for shorter classes and incorporate restorative poses into regular Hatha Yoga classes and practices
- Instruct, modify, and adjust poses for individual needs
- Create a safe, relaxing, one-on-one restorative session
- Practice stress management with Restorative Yoga
- Safely and effectively use props, including what props to use, when to use them, care, and storage
- Teach Restorative Yoga Nidra (supported relaxation poses)
- Incorporate other healing aspects of Yoga into your practice
- Develop a personal Restorative Yoga practice
All props will be supplied for your use and practice during the course.
200-hour Integral Yoga Hatha Teacher Training Certification or the equivalent. Students certified in other Yoga traditions will be considered on an individual basis. Experienced Yoga students interested in deepening their understanding and experience of Restorative Yoga may also apply to be considered.