The Integral Yoga Institute of New York will host the series, “Race and Equity in Yoga: Disruption As a Practice” with Kelley Palmer online from February 24, 2021 – March 5, 2021. This program will help participants get clear on their role in dismantling white supremacy and activate their Yoga practice for social justice. Start working toward the future you believe in with practical tools for self-study, dealing with uncomfortable conversations, and finding your focus. This course will show you the exact steps to move from a place of fear into a place of powerful clarity and action around social justice and Yoga.
You know a shift is necessary. Be part of the change.
As a participant in this course you will:
- Awaken to how racism and white supremacy show up in our Yoga communities so that you can shift your perspective and work toward change
- Gain a clear understanding about how you participate and uphold systems of oppression and specific steps to undo and prevent harm
- Feel empowered to shift how you show up in wellness spaces as an activist or advocate
- Gain tools for sitting with discomfort and having difficult conversations
- Become more sure about calling others into action alongside you
- Learn sustainable study tools around the history of racism, privilege, and power dynamics in (and out of) wellness spaces
- Receive a rich resource list for further education and action
This course is a live, interactive, 12-hour online training to help Yoga teachers and students understand the mechanisms and impacts of systemic racism, work towards sustainable solutions, and take responsibility for dismantling white supremacy in Yoga. The program is open to Yoga teachers and students, studio owners, and anyone interested in joining a supportive learning community for gaining the tools to do anti-racist and social justice work.
12 CEU hours for Yoga Alliance.
February 24–March 5, 2021
Live sessions on Wednesday and Friday evenings, 5:00–8:00p.m. E.S.T.