Gain a strong foundation for personal and spiritual development, a space for nurturing your own Yoga practice, and the skills necessary to become a knowledgeable Integral Yoga teacher.This comprehensive Yoga teacher certification is a month-long residential program consisting of over 200 class hours. You will learn to teach each portion of the Integral Yoga Level I class, including asanas (Yoga poses), deep relaxation, pranayama (breathing practices), chanting, and meditation.
Additionally, you will explore:
- Classes about the benefits of a vegetarian diet
- Instruction in basic anatomy and physiology
- Chanting instruction—for personal practice and class settings
- Raja Yoga (the science of the mind and yogic lifestyle)
- Jnana Yoga (the study of Self-inquiry)
- Bhakti Yoga (the path of devotion; including chanting, worship, and self-surrender)
- Karma Yoga (the practice of selfless service)
- Conducting and publicizing classes
Applicants should be regular practitioners of Hatha Yoga for six months, preferably one year. Applicants should be familiar with the Integral Yoga style of Hatha practice.
If you’re not familiar with the IY style, you can subscribe to iytv.online and practice various Integral Yoga classes. Or you can click here to purchase a DVD of the Level 1 class led by Swami Satchidananda. And there is a YouTube video available of the Integral Yoga Hatha class.
Applicants should be aware that the training is both academically and physically rigorous, consisting of a full daily schedule of both practice and theory.
If you have any questions, please contact the IY Academy at [email protected] or 434.969.3121 x116 before submitting your application and a non-refundable application fee.
Graduates receive a diploma certifying them to teach Integral Yoga Level 1 classes and are awarded 220 Yoga Alliance hours.