Discover how Yoga asana (posture) can help to build and maintain strong bones during the Yoga for Strong Bones workshop from October 14–15, 2023 online, with Integral Yoga Master Teacher Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT.
A 10-year study by Dr. Loren Fishman demonstrated an increase in bone mineral density and improved bone quality with regular practice of 12 Yoga poses. Yoga asana also improves your balance, posture, strength, range of motion, and coordination, greatly reducing the risk of fracture.
Yoga for Strong Bones Part 1, a 2-day online workshop, will offer complete instruction in the 12 Yoga poses for osteoporosis that were taught in the first Yoga vs. osteoporosis study. The foundation poses are taught at 3 levels with guidance for adapting each pose to your level. Instructions include how to progress safely in the practice at home. There will be guided relaxation practices included in every class to reduce stress and allow the benefits of the poses to be fully assimilated.
Continued support after the program:
To help maintain a regular home practice you will have access to the following online classes:
- Complete 60-minute daily Hatha Yoga practice which includes the 12 osteo poses
- Short 20-minute practice of the 12 osteo poses
- Guided deep relaxation with pranayama (breathing practices)
- Full-color photo handouts of the 3 levels of each pose: to download
You will also have access to the instructor, Satya Greenstone, for personal guidance and support.
The Part 1 workshop provides practical tools and inspiration to give you the skills and confidence to continue a safe, effective Yoga practice for health and strength. This workshop may be taken alone or in combination with Part 2.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
In addition, you will have access to recorded Integral Hatha Yoga classes, meditations, and inspiring talks with Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course. More info and registration here.