Are you ready to go deep into silence and reflection? Embark on a profound inner journey with the 8-Day Silent Retreat being held from August 9 – 16, 2023 at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville. If you have taken a silent retreat before and feel eager to learn more and evolve your practice, this retreat is tailored for you. In addition to an extended practice of silence, you will be uplifted by engaging talks on Yoga philosophy and refreshed by Hatha Yoga, pranayama (breathing practices), and meditation.
This program offers:
- Workshops on yogic lifestyle and philosophy led by senior Integral Yoga instructors
- Meditation for connecting with one’s inner peace
- Hatha Yoga practices for cleansing and rejuvenation
- Delicious, vegetarian meals for an enhanced immune system
- Guided hikes to experience the natural beauty of Virginia’s foothills
- Opportunities to practice Karma Yoga (selfless service) in various service areas*, including the Yogaville Kitchen, Farm, and grounds
* Please bring sturdy shoes and water bottles for Farm or Ground Karma Yoga Service.
What to Expect
Since 1970, Integral Yoga Retreats have provided the sanctuary and solace everyone needs from time to time. Surrounded by a serene woodland landscape, Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville serves as an ideal environment for rest and relaxation while teachers offer experiential classes in Yoga philosophy, meditation, Yoga postures, and deep relaxation.
During the retreat, you will have the opportunity to seek support and clarification from senior Integral Yoga instructors. Private mentoring is also available.
All Are Welcome
These retreats are open to everyone, from beginners to advanced Yoga retreatants. Those who are new to meditation or Yoga practices will receive full instruction, while those with experience will have the opportunity to deepen their practice. More info and registration here.