Join Swami Asokananda (senior monk and Integral Yoga master teacher) for a Bhakti Yoga Retreat from Sept. 1 – 4, 2023, to explore the devotional practices of Bhakti Yoga that will open and nourish your spiritual heart. Bhakti Yoga is a spiritual path within the yogic tradition that is rooted in an intense longing for the Divine. Through love, faith, service, and constant remembrance of the Divine—however we conceive of this—we can rise above the illusion of a separate self and experience union with the spirit that dwells within everything.
The retreat will be held at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville. More information and registration here.
This program offers:
- Lectures on the path of Bhakti Yoga
- Exploration of the Bhagavad Gita
- Daily group Kirtan and introduction to bhajan (devotional songs)
- Introduction and practice of traditional puja (worship)
- Hatha Yoga practices for cleansing and rejuvenation
- Delicious, vegetarian meals for an enhanced immune system
- Opportunities to practice Karma Yoga* (selfless service) in various service areas, including the Yogaville Kitchen, Farm, and grounds
* Please bring appropriate clothing, sturdy shoes, and water bottles for outdoor service.
What to Expect
Since 1970, Integral Yoga Retreats have provided the sanctuary and solace everyone needs from time to time. Surrounded by a serene woodland landscape, Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville serves as an ideal environment for rest and relaxation while teachers offer experiential classes in Yoga philosophy, meditation, breathing techniques, Yoga postures, and deep relaxation.