Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville will be holding a Bhakti Yoga Sadhana Retreat from July 1 – 4, 2022. This retreat is in-person (and hopefully will become a hybrid program in the next offering). Bhakti Yoga is the Yoga of love and devotion. It is a spiritual path within the yogic tradition that is rooted in an intense longing for the Divine.
Through love, faith, service, and constant remembrance of the Divine—however we conceive of this—we can rise above the illusion of a separate self and experience union with the spirit that dwells within everything. Sadhana (practice) refers to any spiritual exercise that is aimed at progressing the aspirant toward the ultimate expression of their life.
Join us for the Bhakti Yoga Sadhana Retreat to explore the devotional practices of Bhakti Yoga that will open and nourish your spiritual heart, including kirtan (mantra chanting), puja (worship), japa (mantra repetition), and more. More info and registration here.
This program offers:
- Lectures on the path of Bhakti Yoga
- A workshop on Vedic chants, including the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra
- Daily group Kirtan and introduction to bhajan (devotional songs)
- Introduction and practice of traditional worship including puja and homa (fire ceremony)
- Exploration of the Bhagavad Gita and Narada Bhakti Sutra
- Hatha Yoga practices for cleansing and rejuvenation
- Delicious, vegetarian meals for an enhanced immune system
- Opportunities to practice Karma Yoga (selfless service) in various service areas, including the Yogaville Kitchen, Farm, and grounds