In this article you will find links to online vegetarian/vegan online guides, as well as restaurants by state and country. Enjoy and happy meals and trails! And if you have a restaurant to add, please let us know.
ONLINE GUIDES TO VEG EATS WORLDWIDE:
1. HappyCow http://www.happycow.net/
Offers an international, searchable directory of vegetarian restaurants and natural health food stores, recipes and healthy cooking tips, information on living and raw foods, a travel guide with vegetarian travel health advice and resources, veganism and vegetarian dating.
2. Richard Gillmann’s Vegetarian Online Restaurant Guide – http://nwfolk.com/vegrest.html
Reviews of restaurants by Richard & his wife Shelly as they travel the globe
3. Vegan World Order – http://veganworldorder.com/
Includes suggested ingredients, shopping lists, recipes and restaurant listings in North America.
4. Veg Dining – http://www.vegdining.com/
Lists over 1000 vegetarian restaurants located worldwide. Site visitors can submit restaurant reviews.
5. VegEats! – http://www.vegeats.com/restaurants/
Massive directory of links to online guides/reviews for restaurants in USA & world
6. VegFoodGuide.org- www.vegguide.org
A community-maintained, world-wide guide to vegetarian and vegan restaurants, grocers, and more. Directory by country.
7. Vegetarian Resource Group – www.vrg.org/restaurant/index.htm
Online directory for USA & Canada
8. Vegetarian Restaurants Int’l Online Directory
9. Veggie Heaven – http://www.veggieheaven.com/
Veggie Heaven is the leading review website for vegetarian restaurants and vegan restaurants worldwide, reviewed by customers since 1998. Currently reviewing 4,507 vegan and vegetarian restaurants in 1,498 towns and cities.
RESTAURANTS BY STATE:
1. To Live and Eat in L.A. – http://www.toliveandeatinla.com/
A new vegan documents her eating adventures in Los Angeles.
2. Veggie Grill (Los Angeles & Orange County) – http://www.veggiegrill.com/
1. Baltimore: http://www.vrg.org/restaurant/index.htm
1. Eats Magazine: NYC Vegetarian Restaurants
New York City is one of the most veg-friendly cities in North America. Eats Magazine counts 76 vegetarian restaurants in Manhattan, as of 3.06. The list is conveniently searchable by region. All restaurants in Eats Magazine are indexed by cuisine, and besides the relatively modest number of veg restaurants, they list well over 1000 ethnic restaurants where you can be fairly certain of several vegetarian options. If you go to New York, you won’t starve, unless you run out of money.
Happy Cow Vegetarian Guide
2. SuperVegan – http://supervegan.com/
Vegan information including a weblog, web directory, and New York City restaurant guide.
1. SeattleVegan.com – http://www.seattlevegan.com/
Links and resources to organizations, restaurants and animal rescue groups in the Seattle area.
RESTAURANTS BY COUNTRY:
1. VeggieFoodGuide – http://www.veggiefoodguide.co.uk
A guide featuring reviews of pubs and restaurants in the UK that serve vegetarian food. The site also includes a selection of recipes.